Saturday, June 2, 2007



I just got back today from an amazing week w/ 9 of my girlfriends from a cruise to Mexico. While this was a great week and tons of stories, which I will share in another blog, I must say that trips like these become so much harder to go on when there is someone of significance to leave. This meaning James Rogers, my best friend and boyfriend. He has brought a joy to me that I can’t even begin to explain. I have so much fun whenever being around him and he has been such a huge encouragement to me in so many different ways. The saying, “time flies when you are having fun” has never been so true till I met him. 10:30pm always sneaks up on us.
Well, needless to say, these past 4 days have been amazing yet so hard at the same time. I missed him like crazy! Talking on the phone is one thing, but for some odd reason there is no phone service out in the middle of the ocean :P Not being able to talk during the evenings or while in Mexico killed me. I so badly wanted him to experience the fun and excitement that I did while on the cruise. But, now I’m back and seeing him again was priceless. We have only a few more days till he leaves for a conference and will get back hours before I leave for Africa till the end of June. It’s funny how I use to love traveling and leaving to go places, but these days things are a little different now that James is in my life. He takes the joy out of leaving for my trips when he isn’t going to be there. Not that I don’t have fun, cuz I definitely had fun on the cruise and loved being w/ the girls, but I just missed him.
Reality hit hard while on the cruise that him going to Arizona is going to be so hard on me. I knew I was going to miss him, but I guess in the back of my mind I was in denial that he was leaving. I’m starting to get a small taste of what it’s going to be like when he moves to his new job in July. While I’m confident that this is where the Lord is leading us both in our relationship and jobs, its definitely going to hard saying good-bye and relying on the phone for our relationship. His face will be greatly missed!

No comments: