Friday, June 8, 2007

See ya June 29th



After months of preparation, Im taking off for Africa. Tonight I will be boarding Kenya Airways and heading to Rwanda, Africa to work with kids who have lost their parents in the fight against HIV and AIDS. Definitly not looking forward to the 24 hour plane ride but I guess that will be some good resting time before we hit the ground running for the next three weeks.

I couldn't have asked for a better team! We get along great now and we are as sarcastic as you can get. I look forward to the experiences we will be sharing together and watching them as God works through and in them. Above all else, Im stoked that I have this opportunity to travel across the world to share God's love with kids that have never experienced love period. God's love exceeds more than we can ever fathom and my prayer is that these kids will be overwhelmed with the love of the Lord that will be pouring out of us. As i sit here and look at the look I get from my parents, I can't imagine growing up without the love of my parents. I am so blessed in so many different areas! It's going to be so much fun watching these kids get the love and attention they deserve these next few weeks.

As for my friends! I will miss you all so much... especially you, James! It's been a couple weeks of hellos and good-byes for us that I'm looking forward to a few weeks together!

I hope that you all have a great month. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated. I will see you all June 29th or there after!

No comments: