Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving



Well, I will try and fill you in on my life from the past month. November has flown by so fast. It scares me how fast life flies by the older I get. I remember when I use to make the Christmas ring chain and stare at it each day, just counting the number of rings left till Christmas day. It seemed like that chain kept growing and not shortening. Now I’m just begging for the holidays to grant me just one more day to get shopping and everything done before the big day.
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. It was a great time of being thankful with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. My family and I flew out to Arizona, where we had a layover and picked up the greatest guy in my life, James, to then proceed to a little town called Canton, TX. The pressure was on for James to meet the family, and of course he passed with flying colors. I think it was hard for me in the since that my grandfather was not there to meet him. He would always joke with me about guys and meeting my boyfriend one day. But I know that he would have approved and loved James… not only because they have the same exact name (James Rogers).
It was nice to not only see my relatives and be in Texas, but to also spend an entire week with James without the phone being involved. Just sitting on the couch watching TV was such a blessing.
The night of Thanksgiving we made a huge bon fire out in my grandmother’s yard while it was sleeting. We also made our daily trips out to Wal-Mart to waste time away and of course to the Dairy Palace. It’s a tradition that we go out each night and get Blue Bell Ice Cream. It just sucked this time, since I can’t have ice cream anymore… yay for being lactose intolerant!
Saying good-bye at the airport wasn’t all that fun, but knowing that he would be back out the next weekend made it a bit easier. He is out for the weekend right now and I’m loving every minute of it.
With Thanksgiving over and December here, I’m diving straight into the holiday season. I love this time of year!!! The Christmas lights, the busy parking lots, the holiday music, decorating the tree, Christmas parties, and buying gifts for those I love. The song is so right… It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

Becks said...

Alright, girl, it's high time you blog about the engagement now! I expect to see wedding dresses, and garters, and flower bouquets and flurries of invitations and announcements flooding your posts from now on!