Monday, April 23, 2007

Hypocrisy

I really wish that people would take into consideration how their actions affect other people before they do them. You would think that people would learn from history, but obviously not in this case. It really frustrates me that it has not only affected their peers, but it also affects the youth…youth that looked up to them and youth that followed them in their footsteps. This past week it just hit me hard and brought back a lot of the pain and memories of years past with older leaders. The funny thing is that I, along with so many people, warned them yet they were too arrogant to listen and actually think that it could happen to them.
Lesson Learned: Pride comes before a fall

. . . and this fall took down more than just their self.
I know that everyone is human and we all make mistakes, but not like this one. As a leader in the church we are held to higher accountability and I just wish that they would take this seriously. I’m tired of the hypocrisy that goes along with being in the background or growing up as a P.K. My heart is starting to harden towards the church. Not just my church, but all churches. I know that every church has their own issues. From past experiences I found myself shut out from people that attend my church. I’ve finally started to slowly open the doors, but I’ve closed it once more. I just pray that my heart will not become hard towards God or the church for that matter. I don’t want to put a label on everyone just because of one person’s mistake, but it just seems like an ongoing occurrence within this department of the church that I’m sick of it.

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

I totally understand how you feel. I'm very guarded when i attend a church, and can be very critical, sometimes to the point where I can't even enjoy being there.