Wednesday, July 18, 2007

We see in part; God sees the whole

Proverbs 16: 9
“A mans heart plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps.”

It’s so true and yet time and time again I forget how great is the God that I serve. Why is it so hard for me to trust God with my future? I’m constantly trying to map out my life and have every little stone in place and yet every time God comes along and starts shifting through the stones and throwing them out one by one and replacing them. I don’t even know why I plan my future out! It always seems to change.
God has never given me the raw end of the deal. His plans are always so much better than mine, yet in the process of figuring this out, I get frustrated and loose faith.
It’s been a struggle lately in seeing why God is doing what He is doing. I question why timing between James and I are finally on the same page and then God places him in Arizona or why nursing school never worked out this coming year. I know that God is teaching me faith at this time and trusting in Him to direct my steps.
It’s easy to put this all in perspective when I sit back and remind myself that God is the creator of this universe and yet here I am, little me, questioning God. So, I will continue to strive in trusting God for the future!

Isaiah 55: 8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

No comments: